Ultimate Squishy Human Body Lab with SmartScan Technology features a 16-inch-tall human anatomy model with realistic removable squishy organs, articulated joints, and an electronic sound module.
The SmartScan base senses when a body piece is placed on top and provides anatomical information, asks questions, and allows users to quiz themselves on their knowledge of human biology.
- Scan removable SmartParts to learn fun facts, take a quiz, and hear funny sounds!
- Sculpted from a medical model of a real body, the detailed, realistic human body model is composed of 10 removable squishy organs and 15 other removable bones, muscles, and organs.
- A 48-page illustrated anatomy book guides you through the body.
What our testers said
“It’s cool to see how it all fits together.” – Girl aged 10
“Oh wow, this is a lung!” – Boy aged 8
What our experts think
The Ultimate Squishy Human Body Lab actively involves children in learning about key concepts around the science of anatomy. The funny sounds, facts and quiz features are all engaging and help to introduce children to different organs and new scientific vocabulary.
As they are encouraged to physically interact with and manipulate the model, children are required to use important skills such as visual processing, memory and problem-solving to work out and remember where the different organs go. Taking ownership of their own learning in this way is great for building confidence and they were able to engage with the model and the learning materials independently.
The scanner feature also encourages listening skills and observation which enhance the learning aspect, helping to make this an ideal toy for fostering an interest in STEM. We recommend placing the organs in a plastic bag to protect them in storage after they have been dismantled and reconstructed a few times.
– Encourages interest in science and anatomy
– Develops listening skills and scientific vocabulary
– Engages children in problem-solving and visual processing