What is it
HUE Animation Studio contains everything that a budding animator needs to create their own stop motion animation movies: a colourful HUE HD camera, a 60-page book full of tips, and stop motion software specifically designed for educational use.
For use at home or for school projects, HUE Animation Studio is a creative and educational pastime that can be enjoyed by the whole family. This perfect gift for kids encourages creativity and imagination. Whether you are making a LEGO® brick film, animating your own characters with claymation or capturing a flower as it blooms using time-lapse photography, you can bring anything to life in minutes with the easy-to-use software.
The kit includes:
- The HUE HD camera, a flexible plug and play USB camera with built-in microphone. HUE’s innovative design is perfect for animation.
- The fully-featured HUE Animation software designed for children by teachers.
- The HUE Book of Animation, step-by-step instructions for creating 20 hilarious stop motion videos and ideas for even more. The videos, sound effects and backdrops are also included.
Children of all ages can create their own stop motion and time-lapse films. You can animate anything using stop motion techniques; drawings, toys, household objects and even real people. Modelling clay is great to use as it can be shaped into anything you can imagine, but if you want to try something more ambitious there are no limitations!
What our team of testers said
"Look at my animation. It's like it is drawing by magic!" - Girl aged 8
"I'm going to do a time lapse video of my gerbils digging and then I can add words on the screen like they're talking!" - Boy aged 7
- Encourages creativity and imagination
- Helps develop an interest in technology
- Gives children the opportunity to tell stories and practice their speech
What our experts think
Children loved making their own videos, and experimenting with different methods such as using photos of themselves dancing, drawing pictures and modelling play dough.
The freedom of choice encourages children to be creative, and they can also use their imaginations to think up stories for their films. They can then narrate their films, helping children develop their speech and language skills.
It was also great to see children discussing how many frames per second would be best for their video, as this shows a developing interest in technology and filmmaking.
It would be even better if...
A parent may need to install the software before children use the studio, but this is quite easy to do.
- RRP: £49.95
- Brands: HUE
- No batteries required
- Toy Types: Arts, crafts & creative kits
- Types of skills developed: Computing and Technology
Speech, language and communication skills
Understanding the world