What is it
The My Big Star Reward Chart provides a great focus for both adult and child during this stage. It is bright, fun and engaging and catches the eye of any small child. More importantly, the Reward Chart has great flexibility allowing parents and carers to tailor to the very individual needs of their child, and the fun colourful rewards are perfect to help toddlers understand and cope with their development.
The contents of our My Big Star Reward Chart includes:
• 1 large chart (25 inches L x 11 inches W) showing 4 key development activities (I’ve eaten well, I’ve played nicely, Let’s read together and It’s time for my bed) and 4 blank for you to write your own activity
• 1 dry erase pen
• 130 multi-colored smiley face reward stickers
• 48 gold star reward stickers
• An informational sheet with examples, tips and guidelines
What our team of testers said
"I'm going to choose a purple sticker. I like purple." - Girl aged 3
"We've found it a god send for teaching our son the responsibility of chores." - Mother of boy aged 4 (with ASD)
- Rewards can motivate children to complete activities
- Children loved the bright, colourful stickers
- Promotes independence and self-regulation
What our experts think
Our little testers got really excited about the prospect of earning themselves stickers and parents found that it really motivated them to focus on the behaviour. It’s a lovely visual way for young children to see their progress, such as when they have successfully used the potty or completed a chore, with a clear and colourful chart. The rewards help to reinforce the idea that completing the activity is a positive achievement.
It would be even better if...
Some of the space for activities has been taken up by pre-selected ideas, but it would be better if all of the space was available to allow more personalisation.
- RRP: £11.50
- Brands: The Victoria Chart Company
- No batteries required
- Toy Types: Other products
Parenting & behavioural aids
- Types of skills developed: Managing feelings & behaviour
Personal, social & emotional development
Responsibility & commitment