What is it
The mess-free creative play resource is a squishy, squashy way to learn letters! This set has been designed specifically to encourage early literacy practice as children shape and mould the foam into the letters on the activity cards.
The Playfoam literacy activity set includes:
- Eight Playfoam bricks in eight colours
- 13 double-sided letter cards
- Letter cards showing how to construct the letter by numbered instruction points
- Cards featuring an object beginning with that letter for further learning opportunities
- Children simply place their Playfoam on top of the letter in the correct order
Playfoam is a unique mess-free product that will only stick to itself, not to hands, hair, clothes or carpet. It’s child-safe and never dries out, so it can be used time and time again.
What our team of testers said
"I like the letters." - Boy aged 4
"It feels squishy." - Girl aged 4
- Helps children learn their letter shapes
- A multi-sensory experience to reinforce learning
- Strengthens fine motor skills
What our experts think
The Playfoam Shape & Learn Alphabet Set was a huge hit with our testers and brilliant for skill development too. They loved the feel of the foam and were very engaged with the activities, although the most popular part was probably choosing their favourite colour!
Making letters out of the foam gives children an excellent multi-sensory experience, which increases the likelihood that children will remember what they have learned. Modelling the foam also has the added bonus of improving hand and finger strength and coordination, skills that are needed for holding a pencil to write. It would be better if the letter cards were lower case (rather than upper case) as pre-schoolers learn this first, but you can print the letters out yourself if you’d like to.
- RRP: £12.95
- Brands: Learning Resources
- No batteries required
- Toy Types: Arts, crafts & creative kits
- Types of skills developed: Creativity
Fine motor skills
Learning to read
Learning to write
Physical & motor skills
Speech, language and communication skills