What is it
This scooter not only features a clever T-Lock function and foot brake, but also a telescopic handlebar which adapts to little ones’ growing height.
- Patented 2 stage riding
- Stage 1 – upright forward riding
- Stage 2 – more complex riding with limited tilting
- Train and ride in more complex locations
- TPR rubber footplate
- Tilting handlebar
- Telescopic handlebars
- Easy reach back foot brake
Part of the T Scooter range from smarTrike, available in green or pink.
What our team of testers said
"This scooter is amazing, it's so easy to go really fast." - Girl aged 6
"I've had a lot of scooters but this is the best I've ever been on." - Boy aged 5
- Develops strength, balance and coordination
- Promotes a fit and healthy childhood
- Mastering a new skill builds confidence
What our experts think
The T5 Scooter from SmarTrike is ideal for growing children – we love the way it can be adjusted as they get bigger (or even shared between older and younger siblings). Our younger testers loved how fast it could go, and the strong and stable design meant that older children could use it comfortably too. Children found the turning very fluid and the brakes were within easy reach, making this ideal for first timers; it also worked well on difference surfaces, including grass. The scooter was easy to build, with clear instructions.
Outdoor, active toys like the T5 Scooter encourage children to exercise, improving strength, balance and coordination. It also promotes a fit and healthy lifestyle. Learning to ride a scooter also gives children a sense of accomplishment and the confidence to try new things.
- RRP: £49.99
- Brands: smarTrike
- No batteries required
- Toy Types: Ride-ons, scooters, cycles and wheeled toys
- Types of skills developed: Core stability & balance
Fine motor skills
Gross motor skills
Personal, social & emotional development
Physical & motor skills
Stamina & fitness