What is it
Children can ride along in the safe sitting mode position thanks to the T1’s height-adjustable seat and telescopic handlebar. When they are ready to hop aboard, parents can keep the T-lock tilted mechanism locked for safety and once they’ve mastered scooting, it’s time to ride freestyle.
- TPR rubber surface footplate
- EVA Foam seat
- Elastomer mechanism design
- T-lock system
- Soft-touch rubber grip handles
- Easy-reach back foot brake
- Train and ride in more complex locations
- Available in pink and blue.
- Dimensions: H68 x W 26.5 x D 59.5 cm
What our team of testers said
"Look how fast I can go." - Boy aged 2
"I like the way it grows with your child meaning it lasts for many years." - Mother of girl aged 2
- Promotes a fit and healthy lifestyle
- Encourages perseverance and self confidence
- Develops children's balance, stamina and fitness
What our experts think
This scooter proved very popular among our little testers and their carers; it is a quality product that is well made and robust. It handled well, even on slightly uneven ground, and the grips were good even when wet. We really liked the way young children could sit and scoot, but as their skills and confidence grew they could move onto learning to stand and scoot. The parents of our testers thought that the T- switch (which restricted movement) was a great addition as it helped the children build their confidence in the early stages of leaning to use the scooter.
As well as giving little ones a new skill to master, the scooter helps to strengthen developing muscles and coordination. It’s really important to get children exercising at an early age, and fun physical activity can promote this. Ride-ones also give youngsters a little more independence.
- RRP: £69.99
- Brands: smarTrike
- No batteries required
- Classic Toy
- Toy Types: Ride-ons, scooters, cycles and wheeled toys
- Types of skills developed: Cognitive
Core stability & balance
Fine motor skills
Gross motor skills
Memory, concentration & attention
Personal, social & emotional development
Physical & motor skills
Stamina & fitness