What is it
Ideal for times tables learning at home or in the classroom, it’s the teacher-developed game-based method that’s widely used in schools to help students learn their times tables and corresponding division facts.
– Set includes a colour-coded chart that shows which times tables students need to master each year. As children progress, they can see their progress and feel a sense of achievement.
– Colour-coded chart corresponds with colour-coded playing cards which give kids a game-based way to practise their times tables and corresponding division facts.
– The tacklingtables method allows students to see the power of number relationships rather than times tables in isolation.
– Set has times tables chart, 78 graded cards, and multilingual guide.
What our team of testers said
"I like getting the cards when I get them right." - Boy aged 6
"Ha, I know this is an easy one because it's blue." - Boy aged 7
- Encourages multiplication and division skills
- Develops listening skills
- Builds confidence
What our experts think
The Tackling Tables card game provides a great way for building children’s confidence in learning their times tables. Our testers found them easy to use and there was a real sense of achievement when the children got the answers right – they enjoyed being able to collect the cards they had answered correctly.
Parents liked that the cards could be played both individually and competitively, with more than one child at a time. This is ideal for siblings as the different sections of easy, medium and hard are suited to different age groups. Additionally, this also allows progression as children develop their knowledge and confidence.
- RRP: £10.00
- Brands: Learning Resources
- No batteries required
- Toy Types: Homeschool Resources
Puzzles & games
- Types of skills developed: Cognitive
Listening and attention
Memory, concentration & attention
Numeracy, counting & money
Personal, social & emotional development
Speech, language and communication skills