What is it
This Thames & Kosmos kit contains 25 experiments and building projects in five sections. By engaging in hands-on activities, children will start by learning some engineering basics with experiments on levers, forces, and pulleys and then build simple devices using these basic components.
- Move on to explore engineering on land by building vehicles with wheels, such as a race car and a wind-up car.
- Next, investigate engineering with air and in the air by building a helicopter, a pinwheel, a parachute, a glider, a balloon rocket, and an air-powered carousel.
- Then, build a diving bell, a sailboat, and a paddle boat to experiment with engineering in water.
- Finally, find engineering in your own home with experiments modelling the telephone and television.
Intro to Engineering welcomes young children to the field of engineering with 21 experiments and building projects in five sections. By engaging in hands-on …
What our team of testers said
“Wow, this is like lego, I am going to make my own boat” - Boy aged 8
- Encourages interest in science
- Promotes problem solving and thinking skills
- Encourages children to read and follow instructions
- Promotes discussion of concepts such as floating and sinking
- RRP: £26.99
- Brands: Thames and Kosmos
- No batteries required
- Toy Types: Homeschool Resources
Science & Nature
- Types of skills developed: Fine motor skills
Logic, strategy & problem solving
Pincer grip and writing
Social awareness & empathy