Dance Party Games
If you’re looking for a fun and interactive way to spice up your next children’s dance party, look no further! We’ve compiled a list of the best dance party games to get your guests moving and shaking all night long.
What do I need to play?
Before you get started, make sure you have the following supplies:
- A spacious dance floor
- A good sound system with a variety of music genres
- A list of games to play (we’ve got you covered!)
- Optional props such as glow sticks, hula hoops, and streamers
Setting up the game
Once you have your supplies ready, it’s time to set up the game. Clear out any furniture or obstacles in the dance area to create more space. Make sure your sound system is set up and ready to go and have your list of games on hand. If you’re using props, set them up in a visible and accessible area for your guests.
Rules of the game
Here are some of our favourite dance party games:
Play music and have everyone dance. When the music stops, everyone must freeze in place. The last person to freeze is out.
Set up chairs in a circle and have one less chair than the number of players. Play music and have everyone dance around the chairs. When the music stops, everyone must sit in a chair. The person without a chair is out. Remove one chair each round until there is only one player left.
Dance relay race:
Divide your guests into teams and set up a relay course with various dance moves. Each person on the team must complete the course before the next person can start. The first team to finish wins.
Name that tune:
Play a few seconds of a song and have guests guess the title and artist. The person who guesses correctly gets to choose the next song.
Write down a list of popular dance moves and put them in a hat. Have one person draw a move and act it out while everyone else guesses. The first person to guess correctly gets to act out the next move.
Variations of the Game
Here are some ways to mix it up and keep the party going:
- Have a dance-off between two guests or teams
- Play a game of “Simon says” with dance moves
- Have a dance battle with guests taking turns showing off their best moves
- Create a dance scavenger hunt with guests searching for props hidden around the room while dancing
Tips for Success
- Make sure to have a mix of music genres to cater to all guests’ tastes
- Have a prize for the winners of each game to keep everyone motivated
- Encourage guests to be creative with their dance moves and have fun
- Take breaks throughout the night to give guests a chance to rest and recharge
Dance party games are a great way to get everyone involved and having fun. With a little planning and creativity, you can create an unforgettable dance party experience for your guests. So put on your dancing shoes, turn up the music, and let the games begin!