Building an Indoor Fort
At some point, we’ve all dreamed of building a fort. Whether it’s to hide away from the world or to let our imagination run wild, forts have always been a source of fun and adventure. And the best part? You don’t need to be outside to build one! Here’s how to create an indoor fort that will keep you entertained for hours.
What do I need to play?
The great thing about building an indoor fort is that you can use items you already have around the house. Here are some things you may want to consider:
- Blankets and sheets: These will be the main materials you’ll use to create the fort.
- Pillows and cushions: These will make your fort more comfortable to sit and lay on.
- Furniture: You can use chairs, tables, and even your bed to create the structure of the fort.
- Clothespins or clips: These will help you attach the blankets and sheets to your furniture.
Setting up the game
Once you have all your materials, it’s time to set up your fort. Here’s how to get started:
- Choose a location: You’ll want to find a space that is large enough to accommodate your fort. This could be your living room, bedroom, or even your backyard if the weather is nice.
- Gather your materials: Lay out all your blankets, sheets, pillows, and cushions in the chosen location.
- Start building: Use your furniture to create the structure of the fort. You can drape the blankets and sheets over the furniture and use clothespins or clips to hold them in place.
- Add your finishing touches: Once your fort is complete, add some final touches to make it more comfortable and fun. This could include adding some fairy lights or decorating the inside of the fort with your favorite toys.
Rules of the game
Now that your fort is complete, it’s time to start playing! Here are some rules you can follow to make the game more fun:
- No adults allowed: This is a game for kids and kids at heart. Adults can help with the building process, but once the fort is complete, it’s time for the kids to take over.
- No technology allowed: The point of building a fort is to disconnect from the outside world and let your imagination run wild. No phones, tablets, or computers allowed!
- Follow the “house rules”: Each fort is unique, so you’ll want to establish some rules for your specific fort. This could include no shoes allowed, no jumping on the furniture, or no food or drinks inside the fort.
Variations of the Game
If you’re looking to mix things up, here are some variations you can try:
- Create a theme: Instead of building a traditional fort, create a themed fort. This could include a pirate ship, castle, or space station.
- Fort sleepover: Invite your friends over for a sleepover in your fort. You can tell ghost stories, play games, and have a fun night in.
- Fort challenge: Challenge your friends to see who can build the best fort. You can set a time limit and specific materials to use.
Tips for Success
Here are some tips to make sure your fort-building experience is a success:
- Be creative: Don’t be afraid to think outside the box and try new things. The more creative you are, the more fun the experience will be.
- Have fun: Remember, the point of building a fort is to have fun and let your imagination run wild. Don’t take it too seriously and just enjoy the process.
- Get everyone involved: Building a fort can be a fun group activity. Get your family or friends involved and make it a team effort.
- Take breaks: Building a fort can be tiring, so make sure to take breaks and hydrate as needed.
- Clean up: Once the game is over, make sure to clean up and put everything back in its place.
Building an indoor fort is a fun and creative way to spend time with family and friends. With just a few simple materials, you can create a cozy and imaginative space that will keep you entertained for hours.
Whether you’re looking to disconnect from technology or just have some fun, building a fort is the perfect activity for all ages. So gather your materials, get creative, and let the fort-building fun begin!