Looking for a fun and engaging game that can help your kids develop important skills like focus, imagination, and patience? Look no further than Sleeping Lions!
This classic game has been a favourite of kids and adults alike for generations, and it’s easy to see why.
What do I need to play?
One of the best things about Sleeping Lions is that it requires very little in the way of equipment or materials.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- A large, open space (such as a living room, garden, or park)
- A group of kids (two or more is ideal)
- Imagination and creativity!
That’s it! You don’t need any special equipment, costumes, or props. Just gather your kids and get ready to play.
Setting up the game
Setting up Sleeping Lions is easy. Here’s what you need to do:
- Ask all the kids to lie down on the ground or floor, like they’re sleeping.
- Explain to the kids that they need to stay as still and quiet as possible, like lions that are sleeping in the jungle.
- Tell the kids that if they move or make noise, they will be out of the game.
- Start the game by saying “Go!” and then watch as the kids try to stay as still and quiet as possible.
Rules of the game
The rules of Sleeping Lions are simple:
- All the players must lie down and pretend to be sleeping.
- Players must stay as still and quiet as possible.
- If a player moves or makes noise, they are out of the game.
- The last player to remain still and quiet is the winner.
Variations of the game
One of the great things about Sleeping Lions is that it’s a very flexible game that can be adapted to suit different ages, group sizes, and play settings. Here are a few variations of the game you might want to try:
- Instead of having all the players lie down, you could have them sit in chairs or stand against a wall.
- You could make the game more challenging by requiring players to stay completely still for a longer period of time.
- You could play music in the background to make it more difficult for players to hear each other’s movements.
- You could add a twist to the game by introducing a “sneak” player who tries to make the other players move or make noise.
Tips for Success
To ensure that your game of Sleeping Lions is a success, here are a few tips to keep in mind:
- Set clear rules and expectations before starting the game.
- Make sure that all players understand the consequences of moving or making noise.
- Encourage players to use their imaginations and creativity to stay engaged in the game.
- Be prepared to adapt the game as needed to suit the needs and interests of your group.
Playing Sleeping Lions is a great way to help kids develop important skills like focus, imagination, and patience.
It’s also a fun and engaging activity that can be enjoyed by kids of all ages. So, gather your group, find a large open space, and get ready to play!