The Honeybake Shop and Cafe allows children to play a game of store assistant and shopper, or barista and customer. This reversible Shop and Cafe is on wheels so is easy to transport from the play room to the bedroom to the garden, and simply turn around when the game shifts and a latte is called for.
- two in one reversible wooden Shop and Café stall on wheels with two stabilisers
- comes with a reversible hanging chalkboard and a customer’s bell
- shelves with six chalkboard pads (designed to perfectly fit the Honeybake crates of meat, fish, fruit etc.)
- a fabric curtain can be pulled across the front, covering the shop shelves and changing the shop into a cafe
- manufactured using responsibly sourced materials
- dimensions: (H) 122cm x (W) 90cm x (D) 30cm
What our testers said
“I love the chalkboard.” – Boy aged 4
“The shop is open today but not tomorrow.” – Girl aged 4
What our experts think
This delightful shop and cafe proved a real hit with our testers and truly sparked their imagination. It’s versatility was apparent from the way the children engaged with the toy; we watched it transform into a pet shop, a grocery store, and even a changing station for baby dolls, and a stage for a puppet show!
We loved the way the children used their personal experiences in their role play, and this gives children the chance to develop their understanding of the world and explore social situations. The children used a variety of other toys to complement the set and there was lots of opportunity for discussion. Some of the children played alone with the cafe/shop whereas others engaged in collaborative play with their peers – this gave even more opportunities for practising speech and improving their vocabulary. Shop role playing is also a great opportunity for children to practise using money, along with some simple maths skills.
We found that the unit could be unstable at times and that the wheels needed a locking function; the play leaders found that it was best placed against the wall to ensure its stability.
– Encourages imaginative role play
– Develops social skills and vocabulary
– Helps children understand the world