Designed with the geometric patterns from the colours of ocean, sky, and clouds, the set consists of 16 blocks. Children learn mathematical concepts and enhance their creativity by creating different 2D and 3D constructions.
Block x 16
Double-sided Game Card x 6
Guide Book x 1
Combinations of Geometric Shapes
1. With triangle and square patterns on the blocks, Ocean further introduces various shapes such as rectangle, parallelogram and hexagon to children.
2. Children can learn the concept of scale and area when playing Ocean.
3. Linear symbols such as letter and number can be constructed by the blocks.
Cultivating Multidimensional Observation Skill from 2D to 3D
1. Ocean integrates two functions of games, 2D puzzle and 3D construction. In addition to focusing on the stability of stacked blocks, children also need to think about the visual effect of pattern arrangement.
2. On each side of the cubic block, one unique pattern is designed. Children develop their visual search and spatial concept when they are finding the desired pattern.
3. The colours of the blocks are inspired by the ocean. The similarity of the blue colours challenges children’s visual recognition and brings a variety of beautiful changes to the artworks.
Double-Sided Game Cards
1. Three parts are designed for the six double-sided game cards: patterns in 1:1 size, 2D patterns in reduced size and examples of 3D artworks. The cards give inspiration to activity designs for children in different ages and personalities.
2. Diverse contents are designed for the cards. Those include sequence, symmetry, area, symbol and varied creations from 2D to 3D. A set of building blocks can be applied in many classes and learning themes.
3. There are a total of five types of blocks in the Art Block series. Children develop their visual perception and enhance their recognition ability such as mathematical logic, abstract thinking and aesthetic when they are building creative constructions.