Create a captivating dinosaur habitat with the National Geographic Light-Up Terrarium Kit for kids, a dynamic and educational experience recommended by Dr Gummer’s Good Play Guide.
- Easy Setup: Begin by spreading a pebble foundation, add the provided peat pellet for optimal chia seed growth.
- Customisable Miniature World: Enhance the habitat with three decorative dinosaur figures, and shimmering blue calcite, rose quartz, and aventurine specimens.
- Diverse Landscape: The kit includes a smooth river stone for added habitat diversity.
- Colour-Changing Light-Up Lid: With 8 colour modes and brightness control, the terrarium lid serves as a mesmerising night light, highlighting the dinosaur garden. Powered by USB, no batteries required.
- 360-Degree View: The container’s large opening provides a comprehensive view of the flourishing habitat.
- Educational Learning Guide: Included guide offers fascinating facts about dinosaurs and the science of plant growth.
What our testers said
“It’s a tiny little world!” – Girl aged 6
“I love how the light dimms.” – Boy aged 9
What our expert thinks
Our testers were excited to start creating their own terrarium. The dinosaur theme and beautiful light accessories were a big hit with all of the children. They were highly intrigued by the peat pellet and how it expanded to create the “dirt” for their terrarium. The combination of interactive features, planting seeds, and caring for a growing plant captivated their attention, sparked scientific curiosity, and promoted the use of skills that will serve them as they mature. The use of both visuals and written materials in the learning guide supported even the youngest in the age group to participate in the necessary steps required to plant and grow the Chia seeds.
The colour lighting feature combined with the need to water the seeds/plants frequently beckoned the children to interact with the dinosaur habitat daily. They did not tire of picking the “just right light” for their mood or for their habitat. They enjoyed learning about the rocks and fossil included, while also weaving them into their storytelling and pretend play with the dinosaur habitat. This set encourages following directions, hones executive functioning skills, fine motor skills, visual information processing, and sparks scientific curiosity and storytelling.
– Develops fine motor skills
– Encourages scientific vocabulary
– Promotes executive functioning